Gerald Q. Greenfield, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Greenfield, Jr. graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and a Doctor of Medicine Degree. While at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Greenfield was a four-year letterman and an All-American Athlete in track and field.
He completed a rotating internship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., and a residency in orthopaedic surgery at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu.
Dr. Greenfield completed fellowships in spine and trauma surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago and the Kantonsspital, St. Gallen, Switzerland. He served as chief of spine surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center and was team physician for the USA Modern Pentathlon Team.
Dr. Greenfield served in Saudi Arabia and Iraq in the first Gulf War and in Iraq in the second Gulf War. He is also a past president of the Board of the American Academy of Pain Management.
In addition to his private medical practice, Dr. Greenfield serves on the clinical faculty of The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Greenfield has published and presented in local, national, and international forums. He has 30 years of active and reserve service in the Army.
(210) 293-1182 Fax
Primary Office Location
South Texas Spinal Clinic, P.A.
134 Menger Springs, Ste 1210
Boerne, TX 78006
Phone: (800) 924-1455
Fax: (210) 293-1182
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Northwestern University
- Kantonsspital St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Tripler Army Medical Center
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins University
Licensure and Board Certification
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, 1989
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1984
- American Academy of Pain Management, 1990
- American Academy of Forensic Medicine, 1996
- Forest Park Medical Center
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Institute of San Antonio (RIOSA)
- Warm Springs Rehabilitaion SA Hospital
- Kindred Hospitals in San Antonio
- Christus Santa Rosa Hospital
- The Spine and Surgical Hospital of South Texas
- Baptist Health System Hospitals
- Methodist Healthcare Hospitals