James W. Simmons, III, D.O., PhD.
Dr. Simmons received his medical degree at the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1993. He completed an internship in general surgery and a residency in orthopeadic surgery from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston. Dr. Simmons completed his Fellowship training in spinal surgery at the Twinn Cities Spine Center, Minnesota. He has specialized training in performing Complex Spinal Reconstruction, Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery and is performing all of the following invasive techniques for both children and adults: Microendoscopic Discetomy, Thorascopic Anterior Spinal Fusion and Instrumentation, Minimally Invasive Spinal Decompression and Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion with Instrumentation. Dr. Simmons is the Medical Director of the Spinal & Thoracic Treatment & Research Center (STTAR) at Christus Santa Rosa which provides services to children from around the world. Dr. Simmons is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a member of the Texas Medical Society, Scoliosis Research Society, The Pediatric Orthopedic Society, Bexar County Medical Society, and North American Spine Society.
StaffCrystal Rolleg, PA-C
(210) 495-9310 Fax
Brenda Davila, R.N.
(210) 495-9310, (210) 293-3909 Fax
Primary Office Location
South Texas Spinal Clinic, P.A.
18626 Hardy Oak Blvd., Ste 300
San Antonio TX 78258
- Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- The Univeristy of Texas at Austin
- The University of North Texas
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
Licensure and Board Certification
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners and American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- St. Luke’s Baptist Hospital
- University Hospital
- Warm Springs Rehabilitaion SA Hospital
- Kindred Hospitals in San Antonio
- Christus Santa Rosa Hospital
- Southwest General Hospital
- Methodist Stone Oak
- The Spine and Surgical Hospital of South Texas
- Baptist Health System Hospitals
- Methodist Healthcare Hospitals