Benefits of STSC Physical Therapy
At South Texas Spinal Clinic, you will receive the best, most dedicated and experienced team of licensed Physical Therapists in the region. Featuring advanced, state-of-the-art technology and unsurpassed patient care, we’re committed to making sure you get back into the lifestyle you live. From young athletes to middle-aged weekend warriors to active seniors and more, South Texas Spinal Clinic is dedicated to providing the very best in physical therapy services as well as comprehensive injury prevention and more.
Our physical therapy focus offers a broad and deep range of experience and dedication to our patients. We provide a wide selection of physical/occupational therapy programming. Our programs include:
What We Treat
- Spinal Pain / Injuries
- Back & Neck Pain / Injuries
- Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Pain / Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Hand, Wrist, & Elbow
- Children’s Injuries
- Pre & Post Surgical Conditions
- Other Common Conditions
- Manual Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Motor Vehicle Injury Rehabilitation
- Work-Related Injury Rehabilitation
- Physical Training
- Additional Areas of Specialty
How We Treat
- Manual Therapy
- Spine & Joint Mobilization
- Myofascial Trigger Point Manual Therapy
- Soft Tissue Mobilization & Therapeutic Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Exercise Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise & Functional Exercise Therapy
- Rehabilitation & Home Exercise Programs
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Electrical Stimulation
- Therapeutic Heat & Cold
We want to help you get back to the life you want!
Your goals are important to us. In order to achieve your goals and for treatment to be effective, it is crucial to maintain consistent and continuous treatments. Our primary goal is helping you succeed and get back in the game of life. Physical Therapy works through consistent attendance and doing your homework, including your home exercise program. Building strength and endurance often requires more time and effort than what is done in the formal sessions with your physical therapist. If you have questions about your treatment, ask. The more you communicate with your therapist, the more invested you will be in your treatment plan. Your treatment success requires a team effort and you are the most important member of our team!
What to Expect
- Our goal is to provide the highest quality of convenient patient care. We pride ourselves in hiring qualified, experienced therapists and staff who will listen to your specific goals and concerns. We will create a customized treatment plan specific to your needs and goals.
- There are three important components of your physical therapy program:
- Your first visit (initial evaluation) is the musculoskeletal evaluation to determine what is causing your pain and limitations.
- Your second and following visits are specifically designed to decrease your pain, increase your strength, and increase your fitness.
- Your important, last and final visit (discharge) is your graduation! We will need to review specific home exercises to help you maintain your improvements. We will then let your doctor know that you have completed your therapy sessions and report to your doctor how you progressed.
- Our therapists and staff make it a top priority to stay in constant communication with your physician. We collaborate with the physicians to create patient-specific protocols to ensure the quickest and best outcomes for you. We try to provide the most comprehensive care for your specific needs in order to achieve each goal you have set with your healthcare providers.
- During your first visit, you will be partnered with one of our professionally trained therapists who will become your mentor throughout your therapy treatments. This appointment will last about an hour. Our goals are to get to know you and for you to get to know us, evaluate and determine the source of your musculoskeletal problem, and to establish the goals you want to achieve through physical therapy.
- During this visit, our goal is to determine the source of your pain or limitation. Mild swelling or soreness after the initial evaluation can sometimes be experienced because we are asking you to show us what you can do.
What to Wear to Physical Therapy
- You should wear comfortable clothing that is not restrictive to movement. You should also wear closed toe shoes. (Athletic clothes and tennis shoes or sneakers are highly recommended).
- As a courtesy to you, South Texas Spinal Clinic, will bill your insurance company for the services provided. We will attempt to verify your insurance prior to your initial evaluation. All charges such as co-pays, co-insurance, and deductible amounts are your responsibility and are due at time of service.
- Our physicians and therapists highly discourage canceling appointments. In order to achieve your goals and for treatment to be effective, it is crucial to maintain consistent and continuous treatments. Our primary goal is helping you succeed and return to a “normal” way of life. Your appointment time is specifically scheduled for you and your needs.
- Due to appointments being scheduled specifically for you, we require 24 hours advance notice in the event of an emergency cancellation.
- In the event of a cancellation made in less than 24 hours or a No-Show, the patient may be subject to a visit cancellation fee.